A Running Stroller That Nobody Wants

>> Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A spunky librarian friend posted a video of a “hands-free” running stroller on my Facebook page last week:



Here’s a direct link to the actual Facebook video that she shared with me. It’s just 70 seconds long.

This was my initial response:


So yeah... I wasn’t necessarily impressed.

Some friends and I went back-and-forth noting other issues like not being able to hook your dog to this stroller, and not being able to easily see small kids. I was running with my stroller when Henry was 6 weeks old, but I’d NEVER haul a baby behind me where I can’t keep an eye on them. This stroller has a much smaller age range of kids that it would work with.

Tom added another point:



I wrapped it up with this thought:



So check out the video for yourself on Facebook and tell me what you think. As I said in one of the comments in my friend’s Facebook post about this, “This seems like a design project that looks cool but no one *really* wants.”

5 comments:

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction 10:06 AM, December 27, 2017  

okay the running over your kid comment made me lol....but the setting aside money for therapy is CLASSIC! I don't love it although I did always feel the need to be handsfree when running with a stroller. Not enough to run with that though!

Steve Stenzel 1:31 PM, December 27, 2017  

I *do* take my hands off the handlebar occasionally, but yeah... like you said... not enough to need a stroller like this! :)

The Track Hack 3:19 PM, December 27, 2017  

don't be ragging on my man Max (King)!!!!! Guy is just a stud: 6th at the Olympic Trials steeplechase, world champion ultra runner. And he won a local 10k in 33:20 while pulling his daughter in this rig.

The Track Hack 3:21 PM, December 27, 2017  

here's Max at work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbG3-s6gMdU

Steve Stenzel 3:45 PM, December 28, 2017  

I understand how awesome Max is. He's a hired spokesman. I just don't think the *stroller* is that necessary.

Also, curbs? It's possible to get a "normal" stroller up or down a curb with a slight change in pace and shift in body weight on the bars. This thing? I think you'd launch your kid. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.