Semi-Wordless Wednesday: Cheap Running Shoes (and garage work)

>> Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My wife and I left the boys with my folks on Sunday night, and they're coming back today. On the way back from dropping them off, we stopped at the Nike Outlet Store in Medford, and I found TWO pairs of my running shoes for $50 each:



Normally, they're around $120, so I'm thrilled to get 2 for $100. The Outlet store can be totally hit-or-miss, but it was a HIT for me this past weekend.

Oh, and this is what I've been working on with the boys gone. I finally tore off the "temporary" stairs going up to my studio space in the "new" garage we built 3 years ago. Monday and Tuesday were spent cutting, ripping, and installing the treads and risers, and today I've already got a coat of poly on everything:


The "before" shot after I started ripping up a few steps.


"Before" from above.


Last night: treads and risers installed and washed down.


Just a few moments ago: after the first coat of polyurethane (2 more to go).
I may caulk the edges along the walls when I'm done with the poly.


Some trim work that was polyurethaned. (Note the tiny "ledge"
to the right in the looking-down-from-above photo - this is for parts of that.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.