>> Friday, March 21, 2014
20. "You see a 26.2 sticker on a car and you say to yourself 'That's all?'" - Jason C Newton
19. "None of your friends will train with you anymore." - Paul Hill
18. "Mike Reilly says so." - Mike Wetherell
17. "You spend more money on your bike than your car." - Jennifer Rendle
16. "When you say to your friends, 'it's JUST a marathon!'" - Michael Friedman
15. "You have more workout clothes than work clothes." - Carrie Smurawa-Calaway
14. "You've peed on yourself two to three times that day. And that's just on the bike and run. Swim start peeing doesn't count." - Tom Scheer
13. "When you stand looking out over a beautiful lake, and your only thought is ... I'd like to swim that!" - Leonard Smith
12. "The tattoo is done!" - Folkert Wierda
11. "You no longer think of a brick as a masonry construction term." - Robert Allen
10. "When you find youself saying things like 'I'm busy tomorrow, I may only get in a five-hour workout.'" - Brian McMillin
9. "When you wear your finisher's hat and medal with an IronDad T-shirt and flipflops to a 'coat and tie required' steakhouse after the race and they gladly let it slide." - Eric Keltner
8. "When your cologne is chlorine." - Jacob Ferrell
7. "You book a race on your first wedding anniversary by mistake. All the while your wife knows and supports and encourages you signing up." - Darin Fulks
6. "When your FB profile picture is of you finishing an Ironman, and you've decide not change it until you finish your next one." - John Hessenthaler
5. "You start wearing tri shorts as normal underwear." - Andy Owens
4. "When you have little to no toe nails left." - Blake Aaron Johnston
3. "You get goose bumps every time you watch one." - James Garris
2. "When you race for the ones that can't." - James Garris
1. "You smile and understand every one of these comments." - Endré Sparkes
#18 was a big deal to me in 2007! :)
About half of these describe me (or described me during my IM training). What's your favorite? What would you add? There were a few comments on the article, and here were my 3 favorite additions to this list:
- When the whole family greets you at the door at the end of your training session desperate to see you.
- When you describe your upcoming 70.3 to friends as "just a training day".
- When your partner say "who are you, do you live here?"
Lots more funny stuff on steveinaspeedo.tumblr.com!