>> Saturday, July 27, 2013
My cousin Michael brought his slackline to the lake on our recent family vacation. So naturally, we tied it over the lake between 2 docks, and we tried to keep our balance. Here's me, my sister's husband Dave, and Michael on the slackline:
Me filming Michael with Dave floating around.
Direct link: http://youtu.be/fE-6Wfp0GQo
- 0:42: I make my first (embarrassing) appearance.
- 1:40: I'm pretty proud of that, actually. Held it for 0.04 seconds.
- 1:50-2:13: I THOUGHT Michael was going to make it.
- 2:30-2:45: Michael crosses the gap for the first time.
- 2:50-3:28: It wasn't pretty, but I used the slackline as a hammock for a moment.
And then Michael shows us how it's done at the end.
Michael makes it look easy, but Dave and I make it look a little more difficult. Overall, it was a little easier than I thought. It was pretty fun - even over dry land. And as I kept doing it, I started breathing a little hard. It nearly turned into a workout!
Pharmie and I are racing a sprint triathlon tomorrow - check back for a race report and photos!