RACE DAY!! Trinona TT, Here I Come!

>> Saturday, June 08, 2013

So Devon and I had something planned for the Time Trial tonight, but I it's looking like it's not going to happen. We were hoping to ride up Garvin Heights during the Time Trial on a tandem bike together. Devon found a tandem bike, but neither of us had a way to get it down to the race. Damn

I tweeted a photo yesterday after I got Pharmie's and my bike ready to race (she's doing the Trinona Oly tomorrow!), and I captioned it "Got our bikes all sexed up for @Trinona this weekend!"



Trinona responded on twitter:



Devon and I both put out a last-minute plea for tandems:



And my twitter friends were excited to see this happen:



But as of this moment, it doesn't look like that will happen. I'm still doing the TT by myself though! My brother-in-law recently asked if I had any goals for the race, and my only thought was "finish in the top half." I don't know if I can do that - there are some BIKER bikers that show up to do this TT!


Photo from about half-way up last year's TT. CLICK HERE for a slideshow of photos from last year.

If anyone in the Winona area has a tandem bike we can borrow, show up at the Sugar Loaf Furniture parking lot around 4:30 p.m. with your bike! If a miracle occurs, I'll be racing by myself at 5:01 (as racer #2), and then again with Devon an hour later (as the last racer). Stay tuned....

Oh, and Henry's been having a great time at Grandma's all weekend:


Driving the lawnmower!


Finding 1 of 25 new baby kitties....


.... and giving it a kiss!

I'll be updating twitter all weekend, and I hope to be posting photos on instagram too. And I may post some photos on the "Steve in a Speedo" Facebook page, so check-in over the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.