Intervals Turned Sour (AKA Winter's Not Over)

>> Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I talked about Devon showing up to ruin my intervals in my last post. Afterwards, he tweeted this:


Veronica, I thought we were friends....

That day has been like too many around here lately: it started nice, and it got snowy / crappy shortly. This might make me a bad Minnesotan, but I'm actually getting sick of complaining about the weather! Right as I finished up at the track, icy pellets were starting to fall. By the time I got home, the sidewalks were getting slick. Devon tweeted this photo I took of him....

"Yesterday's morning run:"



... and then he tweeted this one right after that:

"And yesterday's afternoon run.... #springtraining:"



Welcome to Minnesota.

Runner friend Julie snapped 2 photos of me from her classroom at St. Thomas during my workout:


"Hey @SteveinaSpeedo my class was stalking you again.
Here is a picture of you running past the classroom."



"Another picture. The track athletes wanted to time you to see what pace you were running. Fast."

Then she tweeted this later in the day:


"Hey @SteveinaSpeedo I bet you are glad you got your mile repeats
done before it looked like this at the track."


Whoa. What a day.

And the same shitty thing happened yesterday. My wife left on a long run when there was no snow on the ground and it had just started raining. Under 2 hours later (when she was still out there running), it looked like this in our front yard:



And earlier this morning, I Instagrammed this photo with the caption "Dear April: F*CK YOU."



Oh, and in related "Gear West Duathlon Showdown" news, Devon's relay partner Ben recently tweeted this:


I hope he takes my advice. I'm just looking out for his best interests.

Check out my last post for the funny story of Devon and I meeting up on the track last week.

3 comments:

rueschmike 12:02 PM, April 23, 2013  

Surprised you didn't attack his manhood about wearing tights and mittens while you where wearing shorts and no gloves!!

Steve Stenzel 1:17 PM, April 23, 2013  

I THOUGHT about that Mike. I really did. But I couldn't come up with any good smack-talk regarding that. I'm no good at this... :)

Kenneth 6:11 AM, April 25, 2013  

The changes in the weather happen very fast. I'm not a fan of it either. I can't even decide what to wear anymore before I go out of the house. It is very unpredictable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.