>> Friday, February 15, 2013
Robert tweeted me a great link to an article called "27 Struggles Only A Swimmer Can Understand. (I'm not really a swimmer, so I can't fully appreciate all of these.) Here they are:
1. Being confused with divers.
2. That no one cares about the sport until the Olympics.
8. Getting up early.
9. Green hair.
10. Keeping track of what event / heat / lane they're in.
11. Reacting like a lunatic when they drop infinitesimal amounts of time.
14. How to be the most festive during competition.
15. How much water they swallow on a given day.
16. When non-swimmers whine about the water being too cold.
17. Tan lines.
18. Always smelling like chlorine.
19. Male swimmers acting like they look like this after they shave:
21. People who don't know how to tread water.
24. Big shoulders.
25. Crowded lanes.
26. False starts.
Remember, for "Friday Funnies" all week-long, go to http://steveinaspeedo.tumblr.com.