My Running Lately, and RACING Tomorrow!

>> Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I've never RAN so much and TRAINED so little as I'm doing right now.

I'm getting in some decent runs lately, and a lot of them are with Henry. I'm doing VERY little hard running: I've been leaning much more towards LONG over HARD lately.

I'm resisting the urge to make a dirty joke regarding that last sentence, so I'll give you a moment to make your own.

Done? OK. Moving on...


Not running so hard has kept me more injury-free, and running longer really helped me to win the MDRA Grand Prix series for 2012. My endurance hit a life-time peak around September. I'm actually quite surprised that I'm so OK with not running hard more often. (So far this month, I've had one short race, and only 1 other run with any sort of effort!)

At the end of May (stating that IF I could stay injury-free), I was hoping to break 1,000 running miles for the year for the first time ever - I was over 450 miles at that point. Well, I did the smart thing and let that goal go after having some heel pain after the New Prague Half Marathon in May, and then I just ran 36 miles in June. BUT, there's a chance I COULD still hit that goal! After tomorrow's race, I'll have JUST crossed the 900 mile threshold for the year (with three 100+ mile months). And I haven't look at the numbers lately, but I think over half of that has been with Henry, so him and I have a shot at hitting 500 miles together for the year!

So I'm actually happy to repeat what I first said in this post: I've never RAN so much and TRAINED so little as I'm doing right now.

Anyway, Pharmie, Henry, and I are all off to the Fast Before the Feast 10K tomorrow! I have no major race goals - I'm just out to race with my family. I'll maybe post a quick photo when we get home, and then a full race report should be up on Monday. And it's looking like there will be a BIG giveaway on Tuesday! So check back!



3 comments:

trimybest 10:43 AM, November 21, 2012  

thats a healthy piece of fapping!

Karen 12:04 PM, November 21, 2012  

Once you eliminate the family from the equation, holidays leave you with a lot more pie!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.