6K Cross Country Race

>> Saturday, October 06, 2012

I've done a lot of races CLOSE to the distance of a 6K.

In the past number of years, I've done a 3 mile CC race:



Two indoor 5Ks:



Nineteen "regular" 5Ks:



One 6.23K (dressed as a tomato):



Five different 4 mile races (2 road, 2 trail, and 1 with a stroller):



And 2 8Ks:



But I just registered for my first 6K cross country race. It's the final race in the Minnesota Distance Running Association's (MDRA) "Grand Prix" series. I probably won't gain any more Grand Prix points from racing it, but it will hopefully be a fun way to end the series.

Registration just opened, and racing buddy George and I were the first to sign up:



Oh, and as you see there, they asked for my anticipated finishing time. For a 6K, 22:00 would be 5:54 / mile. The course is full of lots of turns (I've heard), but I'm not sure how hilly it is. We'll see if I can keep it anywhere around 22 minutes.

But I don't have to worry about that for a month... TOMORROW I'll be cheering on Pharmie (and 11,999 other runners) at the TC Marathon!! Good luck everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.