Nine Years

>> Thursday, July 19, 2012

I don't "repost" much. But I had to repost this from exactly 4 years ago. I just changed some of the dates...

This Day in Our History

We’ve dressed up at Halloween as He-Man and She-Ra...



and we’ve gone as Al and Peg from “Married With Children”



We’ve had our fun at the lake:



Years before that, I cheered you on during your first triathlon...



and 2 years after that, you cheered me on during my first triathlon:



YEARS before that, we went to prom together:



And around that time, we rocked the FFA (Future Farmers of America) State Convention on the Floriculture team (and we made it into the newspaper!):


(Yes, we were on the “flower” team. Geeks.)

But it was exactly 5 years NINE YEARS ago that we were doing this:





I was just as crazy then as I am now:


(Yes, that’s Jerry the Mouse on my undies)

We went to Canada for our honeymoon, where you high-fived a monkey near Assiniboine Park:



I, on the other hand, high-fived a cactus at the conservatory in Winnipeg:



You’ve always been the smart one. But you’ve loved me through all of my craziness. Happy 5th 9th Anniversary, Sweetie. I love you.

(p.s. I set this post to automatically publish at 12:01 am, so consider me the winner of our annual “who can say ‘happy anniversary’ first” contest. Better luck next year!)

If I recall, this post makes it 9 straight years of me winning the “who can say ‘happy anniversary’ first” contest. So take THAT. :)

It's even hard to imagine that a year ago at our 8 year anniversary our fun and relatively happy "little dude" was just starting to get super colicky. He really didn't stop crying for a few months in that stretch... but now he's more like this:


Direct link: http://youtu.be/uIJb2N_-Eh0

I love you guys! Happy Anniversary!

9 comments:

Unknown 8:16 AM, July 19, 2012  

Happy anniversary you two! :) What an amazing life you have! Here's to many many more years of happiness!

Ririnette 8:22 AM, July 19, 2012  

Aww, you guys, made me all sappy today. To many more!!

Jeremy Reichenberger 8:35 AM, July 19, 2012  

Happy Anniversary guys! Hope you guys have many, many more years of happiness!

Thanks for making me feel like a lonely loser so early in the morning, Steve! :)

Trisaratops 9:04 AM, July 19, 2012  

Can we just arrange a marriage for Emery and Henry now? Please? Is he okay with her robbing the cradle for him--although, if they are both in cribs, it doesn't matter, right?

Happy anniversary to you two!

TriMOEngr 12:02 PM, July 19, 2012  

Always up for a little sap. Happy anniversary! Henry giggles are the cutest ever.

Jess 12:29 PM, July 19, 2012  

Happy anniversary!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 3:20 PM, July 19, 2012  

Happy, Happy HAPPY anniversary to one of the cutest couples I know.

Your's really is a fantastic love story.....

Have a great day celebrating!

amyb

TriEric 10:40 AM, July 20, 2012  

Happy Anniversary Steve and Pharmie. My son is getting married tomorrow (Saturday) so I can now remember your anniversary is near his.

Wheezard,  8:48 AM, August 16, 2012  

OMG, that FFA photo...I thought it was a still from a scene in the Harry Potter movies!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.