>> Monday, June 18, 2012
Here are the Grand Prix Standings after the Brian Kraft 5K 3 weeks ago:
I'm still in the lead, and my lead has grown from around 800 points after the half marathon to nearly 1200 points. I'm getting more and more hopeful that I'll do well in the entire 14-race series, but it's still WAY too soon to REALLY get my hopes up. We're only 6 races in. I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan, and I can recall plenty of seasons where we were "bound to win the Super Bowl" after 6 games. But alas.... no Super Bowl rings...
As I've mentioned before, only your best 10 results count out of the 14 races, so that's one big reason for my negativity. For example, look at Nathan Campeau in 23rd place. How could he win?... He's in 23rd place right now. But he's missed the last 3 races. Before that, he was a mere 33 points behind me. Let's say the series comes down to ONLY him and I - if he finishes out the series and beats me a few times (as he's done once already), then he'll win. And this whole scenario is true for at LEAST 4 other runners as well (Ben, Patrick, Michael, and Scott).
AND this is all contingent on me staying healthy!! And that's a big issue... one I'll talk more about in the next few days.
So for right now, I'll stop being so negative and start enjoying my 3rd straight race at the top! Yay me! ;)
In local news, here are some of my recent St. Paul Triathlon Examiner links:
- The 2nd annual Twin Cities Triathlon was just cancelled.
- Photos from the first Trinona Time Trial.
- Results from the Trinona Time Trial, where the winner had an 18.1 mph average over the 3.5 mile TT (big... f*cking... hill).
- My photos from the Trinona Triathlon.
- My photos from the Buffalo Triathlon.
- Some official photos from the fun and hilly 'Hillfest' bike ride.