>> Thursday, March 29, 2012
I've been meaning to post this for the last 10 days. But I've always had too much food in my stomach to deal with it, so I've put it off.
At the hot Human Race 8K 10 days ago, my right foot got pretty beat up. I remember commenting to Henry's sitter once I picked him up that I hadn't taken off my running shoes yet because "it ain't gonna be purdy."
When I finally took off my shoes that night, I found this:
1. It was really squishy. I really wanted to pop it, but my wife convinced me to "let it run it's course."
2. Dear Lord. My toe hairs are long enough to braid. Maybe I can donate them to Locks of Love.
3. Yes, that's my wife standing in the background as I'm taking photos of my nasty feet. We have an "understanding." God bless her.
A few quick links (completely unrelated to the carnage above):
- If you haven't voted with your favorite name for my new pink shorts, click here and cast your vote! You have until the end of the day.
- There's a free "Triathlon 101" clinic this weekend in the Metro (and there are more coming up in surrounding communities as well). Click here to learn more. LOTS of giveaways and swag as this event too! Tell your friends who are interested in trying a tri!
- USA Track and Field MN just announced their "Ultimate Runner" series for 2012. Click here to learn about the races in this series (all distances and all surfaces too).
- If you're a local, "like" my "St. Paul Triathlon Examiner" Facebook page to get up-to-date tri-related stories on Facebook (they just appear on your FB "home page" along with your other friends' posts).