Distance Running Members

>> Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Last week, we got our Minnesota Distance Running Association (MDRA) membership letter in the mail. It was also addressed to Henry:



When I took out our membership cards, I noticed there were 3 of them: 2 were for Pharmie and me, and 1 was for Henry:


Fronts


Backs

He's a member!! Well, technically, we DID sign up for a 2-year "family" membership!

I commented on Heidi's Facebook wall (a friend who handles a lot of this stuff for the MDRA), and here's our conversation:



This brings me to 3 final things:

FIRST: Henry tried solid food for the first time on Sunday night. Here he is all confused and covered in food after the "attempt:"



SECOND: I think I may sign up for the MDRA Grand Prix again this year. I mentioned this in a previous post. Now, Henry can hit the circuit hard with me. :)

THIRD: It's RACE WEEK!! I'm racing the Charities Challenge track meet on Sunday! I'm trying my hand at only my second ever indoor 5K. Henry and Pharmie are going to come too, so check back next week for a race report and photos! And I think I'll have a little more on this in my next post...

10 comments:

TriMOEngr 7:55 AM, November 29, 2011  

LOVE the confused look on his face. Only disappointed there weren't more pics of the occassion. :)

Carolina John 8:00 AM, November 29, 2011  

Nice! The kid will be lapping you before you know it.

Good luck on the track this weekend! Sounds like fun.

SteveQ 10:38 AM, November 29, 2011  

I had planned on doing the Challenge series, but I'm challenging asthma right now. I may show up to cheer for my friend Don, who's shooting for state age-class records.

Steve Stenzel 11:47 AM, November 29, 2011  

Feel better, SteveQ! Maybe see you there!

The Triathlon Rx 3:31 PM, November 29, 2011  

He's going to be one little speed demon!

Unknown 4:43 PM, November 29, 2011  

It's never too young to get him involved! ;)

Anonymous,  7:45 PM, November 29, 2011  

I've forgotten about running. I come here for Hank...and maybe stories about the tutti fruitis...but keep those Hankster pics coming! Please!? Lisa

Michelle 6:14 AM, November 30, 2011  

Good luck Steve! Your kid is TOTALLY cute!!!!

Unknown 3:01 PM, November 30, 2011  

That's awesome! He will be racing on his own soon enough!

Amber 7:31 AM, December 01, 2011  

Henry makes *THE BEST* faces. Seriously.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.