I USE THIS 09: My 'Tutti Frutt' Shorts

>> Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lots of people have been asking me to talk about my experience with the "Tutti Frutti" shorts I like to wear. And I've gained a LOT of experience with them this year - I've worn them for EVERY multi-sport race in 2011!


2011 Duathlons: Apple, Gear West, Oakdale, and Cannon Falls


2011 Triathlons: Life Time Fitness, Waseca, and Lake Marion

Why do I wear them?

It's simple. It's easy to take this sport too seriously. And by wearing these shorts, it helps lighten the mood for others around me AND for myself. Remember people, we do this for FUN! (Well, MOST of us do anyway...)

I first wore them last August at the 2010 Waseca Sprint Triathlon, and I JUST wore them. My bottom got a little sore because they are just swim shorts. At every multi-sport race since then, I've worn a pair of Sugoi Tri Shorts under the Tutti Frutti jammer to get a little pad on the bike. (You can see the Sugoi Tri Shorts peaking out in that last photo above to the far right.) Other than the fact that they're just swim jammers, they are GREAT for racing in! The don't rub, they hold "things" in place, and they look good bright.

Pharmie came across these shorts about 14 months ago on SwimOutlet.com. She thought they were wild. I told her to order them for me. She thought I was kidding. Then she realized I wasn't kidding, but she thought I'd never wear them. Little did she know.... ;) Here's the link to the "Dolfin Winners ZAZA Jammer" on SwimOutlet, but as you can see if you click that link, they've been DISCONTINUED! I'll need to find another retailer to replace my pair when I wear them out!

And FYI, they have a female version that they are still selling! So go purchase the female version and race with me sometime!



Oh, and if you're wondering about my shorty yellow shorts that I sometimes wear, check out my review of my "Bowl Full of Sunshine" shorts from last year.



I LOVE these shorts too (for similar reasons), but I also feel quite FAST in those short running shorts. I haven't worn them at a race this year *GASP* but look for them at the TC 10 Mile in 5 weeks!

- CLICK HERE for more in the "I USE THIS" series, where I talked about things from food, to running strollers, to protein powder, to shoes, etc.

- CLICK HERE for everything in the "DOES IT WORK" series from last year when I reviewed things from clothing, to gels, to training logs, to compression tights, to sports bras, etc. (I mention this because this is where I reviewed the short yellow shorts for the first time.)

4 comments:

Mark Baker 6:42 PM, August 31, 2011  

Discontinued? Say it ain't so!

They make me smile, and I'm just looking at pictures on the other side of the country. I've been tempted to get a pair to wear on my mud runs, that's now much I love them.

Michelle,  7:23 PM, August 31, 2011  

Love the shorts! Have you written about your calf sleeves? Would like to see your thoughts on those some time. Thanks for the great blog and all of your sharing!

SteveQ 10:27 AM, September 01, 2011  

Do you really want to see me wearing the female version in a race? I don't think so.

Steve Stenzel 5:05 PM, September 01, 2011  

SteveQ, you've got it all wrong! I'd LOVE to see you wearing that! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.