Quick Running / Heel Update

>> Sunday, April 03, 2011

I'm still hitting the treadmill a few times a week, and my heel is mostly cooperating. It's still a little "achy" sore now-and-then, but it's allowing me to be active without complaining too much. I've been doing a good job of foam rolling to keep it loose as it heals. (And if you missed it, here's my big "injury update" from last weekend.)

Here have been my last 2 weeks of activity:


(That symbol on the 25th represents nearly an hour on the trainer with Coach Troy)

You can see 4 runs there: a longer "test" run, and then 3 super easy runs. I didn't do much last weekend or early this past week because I had a fever on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm just starting to feel better. Pharmie and I have actually been sleeping in separate beds since LAST Saturday night, so tonight will be the first night (hopefully!) in the same bed in 8 nights!

Also, you can see that I went for my first outdoor ride of the year yesterday! I think I'll be posting about that tomorrow. It was just a nice easy 15.5 mile ride to watch the snow melt! ;)

3 quick final things:

- My lovely pregnant wife posted her "Get Lucky 7K" race report a few days ago. Swing by her blog to check it out.

- There should be a big giveaway coming here on my blog this next week. A local race has given me a LOT of these sweet swim / transition bags to hand out:



- And finally, don't do meth.....



... it slowly turns you into Steve Buscemi, and nobody wants that.

4 comments:

Carly 4:01 PM, April 03, 2011  

Hope your heel is feeling better soon.

I checked out Pharmie's blog to read her awesome race report and somehow I made it into one of her photos. Ha! small world.

Kathy 7:39 AM, April 04, 2011  

How do you get different colors on your calendar? I hate how swim and bike are pretty much the same color. Do you gave to get membership to do that? I may be hopelessly technically challeneged also as i cannot figure out how to friend people (that's from BT right?).

And yay for comign out of injury!

Steve Stenzel 8:32 AM, April 04, 2011  

Kathy, I think that's just the "normal" calendar view on BT - the different colors are just how they appear. (And yeah, I've always been a little annoyed by the similar bike and swim colors.) No special membership here! :)

Kathy 10:18 AM, April 04, 2011  

Ah, i see. Well, actually i didn't. :) I thought your orange was bike or swim. :) Old eyes. congrats on teh outside ride!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.