Three Quick Things

>> Monday, March 07, 2011

Minneapolis / St. Paul Run For Christchurch, New Zealand

Last week, I posted a lot of info regarding a local run to help raise awareness and money for the people of Christchurch who were affected by the big earthquake nearly 2 weeks ago. Everything was set except for the time of day. Well, we're going to meet at 1 pm this Saturday (March 12th) for an easy 5K group run. We'll meet at Longfellow Grill in Minneapolis (wearing black and red) for a run along the river.


Distance in kilometers

I made a "Facebook event" page, so you can click here to let me know you're coming: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192158974157668 (There are 4 people coming so far: me, 2 multisport friends, and my bro-in-law's girlfriend. Come join the fun!)

And FEEL FREE to send that link to your friends who might be interested. Even if you CAN'T make it to our run, go for your own run on the 12th or 13th wearing black and red, and send me a photo. I'll include you in my "race report" next week! Thanks!


Water Running Advice

In my last post, I wrote about some aqua jogging I did on Friday. I was teased for using a "granny belt" during the workout. How do I NOT use the belt? Anyone have any advice for water running without a belt? I'm afraid I'll drown. Any tips would be great!


Last Day to Enter for the Sony MP3 Player Giveaway

Finally, scroll down to last Tuesday's post (or click here) and leave a comment on that post to be entered to win 1 of 2 Sony MP3 players. You can enter through midnight tonight (Monday), and the 2 winners will be announced on Wednesday.

Oh, and there should be one last BIGGER giveaway next week! So check back for that...


Thanks Natalie Dee. I love you.

4 comments:

Kim 9:07 AM, March 07, 2011  

even though you will look like a granny, you need to wear a flotation device in order to water jog... so unless you make a "cool" jogging belt out of noodles, then i think you will be stuck with the ole granny one!

Matt Ellenberger 11:05 AM, March 07, 2011  

I love that picture. I'm going to lead a coup d' etat on your shoveling mayorship

The Triathlon Rx 1:09 PM, March 07, 2011  

I don't use a belt, but it took a long time to work up to that. I would use a belt until you feel really solid in your form...

Chris and Amy 5:42 PM, March 07, 2011  

Friends and I are going to be in Auckland (we're visiting from Okinawa, Japan for an ultra the following week)this weekend so we found a local race to do. We will be making pledges on the site you linked. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.