>> Saturday, July 31, 2010
A week ago, I posted photos from Matt’s first triathlon at the Chisago Lakes Triathlon. Here are a few more (non-Matt) photos from the race:
Ready to star the Half Iron race (with Mark giving me “the horns”)
Starting the Half Iron race
Sprinters on the left, Half Iron-ers on the right
Up the hill to T1
Starting the run
Nearing the finish
I’ve been the “St. Paul Triathlon Examiner” since near the end of 2009, and I want to let you know (especially locals) that you can subscribe to my RSS feed or sign up via e-mail to be notified when I publish new articles.
Click here to go to my Examiner page and subscribe.
• 2 articles (with photos) about the Chisago Lakes Triathlon: number one and number two.
• An article about a local engaged couple (who both do triathlons and duathlons) who are getting married DURING an upcoming marathon.
• Gear West just announced their first ever run / bike / run / bike / run duathlon named the Mosquito Man.
• The only local (as far as I know) off-road triathlon is coming up in a few weeks.
• Next weekend, the Cervelo eRide Tour will be in town, and you can test ride their newest, sweetest bikes.
• Photos and results from the first Great Prairie Swim, a 2.5K and 5K open water swim race.
• 3 articles about the much-hyped Lifetime Fitness Triathlon: results and photos from the race, 5 videos from the event, and pro triathlete and Olympian Sarah Haskins on our local morning news program.
If those sort of local triathlon-related stories interest you, please consider going to my Examiner page and subscribing (via e-mail or RSS). More subscribers will make me more “legitimate,” which will help my page become more accessible to search engines.
(While I’m posting links, feel free to follow me on twitter (where I post links to some of my articles), join my Facebook fan page (where I let my fans know about giveaways before anyone else and where you can leave notes on the group’s wall to reach any of the other 550 group members), and, if you don’t know it, I also have a photo blog where I post occasionally about what’s going on in my teaching / fine art life.)
Thanks everyone! Happy weekend!! Oh, and check back Monday for a race report from the Waseca Triathlon. Matt and I are racing tomorrow!! (It will be Matt’s second triathlon ever - his first 2 triathlons 1 week apart!!) And yes, I WILL be rocking the sweet new swimsuit shown in my last post, so brace yourself!