A Runnin' Fool!

>> Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yep, that's been me lately!

I have NOT been running a LOT of miles, and I have NOT been running super LONG runs, but I HAVE been running a bit more often than normal.

Recently, I actually ran 4 out of 5 days!!

I logged nearly 30 miles over 4 runs over the course of 5 days!


That's not big news to a lot of people, but it IS for me. I usually only run 2-3 days a week while keeping an eye on an overuse injury somewhere below the belt. (NOT *there*, unfortunately.... I'm talking about my heels and IT bands.) But I've been doing more middle-distance easy runs with my lovely Pharmie, and that's been helping to rack up the number of runs and my mileage.

Here are some numbers to back up what I'm saying:

In December of 2009, I ran a total of 35 miles.

This December (even though it's MUCH snowier), I've already logged almost 74 miles through today (and counting).

My stretch of 4 runs in 5 days was Dec 16th - 20th:
   - 16th: easyish 5.5 miler by myself
   - 17th: super easy 5.8 miler with Pharmie
   - 18th: off
   - 19th: TRACK MEET! 1 mile race and a total of nearly 5 MORE miles of WU / CD
   - 20th: 11.78 mile "long run" before the snow fell

I was worried about doing a long run the day after pushing my body to an "all-out" run at the track meet, but with all the warming up and cooling down that I did, my legs felt fine. And I REALLY wanted to do that long run before the most recent 4 inch snowfall. I got done just in time - the snow was falling as I was out on that run. Here's how I looked as soon as I got in the house after that 87 minute run:



(Notice my nostrils were still a little red in that photo from blowing my nose so much because I had the sniffles after breathing hard in all that dry air at the indoor track meet the day before.)

As far as upcoming races go, I'm thinking about one more indoor track meet. Jan 2, Jan 16, and Feb 6 are the last 3 dates for Charities Challenge, and there's another meet at the U on Jun 10 (through MDRA, only 1 mile). The CC races have longer events, and I'd KINDA like to try a 3K or 5K indoors. Yes, on a 200 meter track. Yes, I realize a 5K would be 25 laps. Yes, I think that could actually be fun. ;) And then the Winter Carnival Half Marathon is Jan 29th, and Pharmie and I are both hoping to do it (Pharmie might just do the 10K).

Anyway, back with some Christmas "Friday Funnies" tomorrow! Happy Holidays everyone!

6 comments:

Kathy 5:17 AM, December 23, 2010  

Nice runs! Haha!!! Quality and not quantity necessarily right? :) Good luck with the upcoming run choices!

Unknown 5:46 AM, December 23, 2010  

Merry Christmas and happy running new year!

Jennifer Harrison 6:26 AM, December 23, 2010  

Yeah on the running! Merry christmas and here's to a great 2011 to you and Pharmie!!

Christi 7:35 AM, December 23, 2010  

Great job on the running mileage! You are having a great December so far.

Good luck with the track races! I can't wait to read all about those events.

Kim 9:56 AM, December 23, 2010  

woohooo running machine! hmm no snot-sicles yet huh? cant wait for those pictures!

Megan Killian 4:38 PM, December 27, 2010  

You definitely should do an indoor 3k or 5k. I am planning on doing one this winter, too... because I am finally near civilization and there are indoor track meets within 300miles of my house :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.