Poopy Fartlek

>> Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thursday, my coach had a fartlek on the schedule. Thursday was also the day that all of Minnesota nearly drowned. You've seen it on the news - the Metro area only got about 3 inches over the course of 24 hours, but some places got over 10 inches. My folks got 9 inches! That will keep Dad away from the harvest for a little too long. Sorry Dad!

Anyway, coach told me to do this on trails, so I ran down the middle of Summit Ave (on grass and something that resembles a single-track MTB trail). It was pouring when I started, but thankfully, Mother Nature called off the rain when I was about 2 minutes from the end of the run. Sheesh. More like Mother Jerk-Face.

Here's my wet and pathetic self after almost 8 miles of rain:



Note my erect nipples in that photo. The heavy, wet shirt rubbed on them over those 8 miles so that they were "at attention" and "hurty" the rest of the day. One of them had just a little spot that was rubbed raw, but not bad. I hate it when something f*cks with my nip-nips.

I got in the house and took off my shirt in the basement. I had NO IDEA the back was so full of mud that I had kicked up while running!!



I guess when something is called a "fartlek," one shouldn't be surprised to finish covered in something that looks like a major poo incident.

;)

5 comments:

Unknown 2:49 PM, September 25, 2010  

LMAO!! Great post!! Hey at least you completed your workout!

Chris 7:50 PM, September 25, 2010  

Notice the even pattern of mud splatter on the back of your shirt. Excellent form is implied!!!

Anonymous,  10:52 AM, September 26, 2010  

LOL! Awesome job!

Jennifer 6:08 PM, September 27, 2010  

Hardcore. That's what you are Steve. Nice work.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.