Trying Something New...

>> Saturday, July 10, 2010

I’ve been swimming a lot lately (well, a lot for ME) because of my bum foot. It’s been going pretty well. So that got me thinking.............

But first, I should let you know that I went on 2 runs this week! These were the first real runs since the Liberty Triathlon 4 weeks ago. And guess what? Both were successful!! Well, “successful” in the sense that my foot didn’t hurt.

Here I am stretching after my 5 miler on Tuesday. The cats were helping. And Kermit engulfed my sweaty, smelly shirt as soon as I got home:



Wednesday, I swam a lap around Square Lake with Kelly (that's about 3200 yards). It was my first lap around the lake without my wetsuit, and it was beautiful!!



And on Thursday, I did a 6 mile run. That run felt a little “heavy,” but my foot still felt OK! So I think I’m back to running and biking again!

That brings me back to all the swimming I’ve been doing.............



I registered for my first ever swim event that will take place next Sunday!! I’ll be doing a 2.5 K open water swim at Lake Harriet. Swimming buddies Julia and Steve H are doing it too. Should be a fun new experience!!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  4:49 PM, July 10, 2010  

Glad your foot is holding up! Have fun next Sunday! Look forward to reading about it!

Unknown 5:10 PM, July 10, 2010  

I never knew there were events specific for open water swimming until recently, and the more I've been lake swimming the more I want to do one. I wonder if their really competitive, or more like laid-back bike rides. You'll have to let us know. Have fun!

Regina 5:21 PM, July 10, 2010  

Yeah! I did my first two stand alone OWS events this year. Mind you, they were in the Hudson River and not some lovely lake in MN. It has really helped my OW swim a lot.

Glad your foot is feeling better. Love those kitties!

CyborgQueen,  7:25 PM, July 10, 2010  

WTG Steve!!! :-) If you lived closer to Vegas, I would have encouraged you and to do Slam the Dam OWS at Lake Mead (8K or 1.2mi or 2.4 mi OR Grand Slam: 8K + 1.2mi OR Super Slam 2.4 + 1.2). Think you can do it? LOL!

Anonymous,  7:29 PM, July 10, 2010  

So...in the picture of your feet in the water, what is the yellow puddle you are standing in?

Nat 9:51 AM, July 12, 2010  

Steve, great seeing you and pharmie last weekend! Was so much fun! Your calico cat looks like it has passed out from the smell of you in this picture! HA!

sRod 7:36 PM, July 14, 2010  

Swim only? Ew. Good luck.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.