My Next “A” Race

>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My wife’s family and I entered the lottery for the Twin Cities 10 Mile again this year. Both Steph (my sister-in-law) and I just had a feeling that we wouldn’t get in 2 years in a row.

BUT WE DID! WE GOT IN!



There will be 6 of us running the TC 10 Mile!! It’s going to be sister-in-law Steph, brother-in-law Matt, aunt Nancy, cousin Ben, cousin Megan, and I.

Here I am finishing last year’s race in my “bowl full of sunshine” shorts:



This year, I’d love, LOVE, LOVE to shoot for sub 60:00. But that’s a steep order. Maybe I could get down to around 61:00. I dunno. We’ll see what the training brings...

It will just be fun to run a race with family before busting out the costumes to cheer for the TC Marathon...

Oh, and if you missed it, scroll down to yesterday's post to see photos from Matt's first triathlon!!

6 comments:

Chris and Amy 8:57 AM, July 27, 2010  

Wow! You run 10 miles in about the time I run a 10K. :) Have fun training, Amy

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 9:09 PM, July 27, 2010  

i KNOW you can do sub-60! Go get 'em!

Anonymous 5:07 AM, July 28, 2010  

nice Pirate picture! classic....

gene 5:09 AM, July 28, 2010  

ROBBED! ROBBBBED, I SAY! it was I, ME, who commented about the Pirate Picture. fye! I demand parle (par-lay).....ugh. anyway, nice pirate pose while checking your watch.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 7:55 AM, July 28, 2010  

The guy in front of Steve is also a "watch-checking Pirate"....arrrrgggggggg! Good luck Steve! I'm gonna make it a poit to be out there this year cheering you on. Got any extra Farm Animal suits???

wendy 9:24 PM, July 29, 2010  

I did that race last year, albeit, quite a bit slower than you... (I came in slightly behind Sven Sundegard, lol!) This year i signed up for the marathon and am kicking myself over and over in the butt! Wish I would have put in for the 10 mile instead!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.