>> Saturday, March 20, 2010
Thursday was going to be the last “nice” day around here for a while. We got spoiled with a couple of 50-60 degree days, and now it’s back in the 30s. Sheesh. Thursday was 62 degrees before it started to cool down again.
The first thing to do was to take my “bike thong” off my bike, and then grab Goldilocks off the trainer:
Here are some photos from the ride:
Down the Greenway (with someone running SHIRTLESS on the left!)
Farther down the Greenway
Ice still covering the little channel by Lake Calhoun
Down the Cedar Lake Trail near I394 (with a bit of downtown MPLS to the right)
In my new “leisure suit” jersey from Pharmie
- 18.0 mph ave after crossing the Hiawatha Bridge (mile 3.5)
- 18.1 mph ave as I turned back with the wind (mile 11)
- 18.8 mph ave at the turn-around (mile 17.5)
- 18.4 mph ave as I turned back with the wind again (mile 24)
- 18.7 mph ave before crossing the Hiawatha Bridge (mile 31.5)
- 18.4 mph ave on my computer as I got home (mile 35.0)
So even though I wasn’t going for speed, I was still watching my computer. I felt pretty hashed for those last 10 miles, but that could possibly be because I didn’t spend much more than 1 hour on my bike all winter, and this ride was nearly 2 hours. I was hurting a little, but it was a GREAT March day to be out in Minnesota, so I didn’t care!
Now, Mother Nature, when can we get more days like that?!? SOON PLEASE!! Thanks!
I got home and pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer:
Cut up, mostly frozen chicken breast
I wish I could sniff this photo
Hearty post-workout chicken breast salad! (I had 2!)