The Best Tempo Run in a While!

>> Saturday, February 27, 2010

• Sat, 2/20: nothing.

• Sun, 2/21: 11.88 mile run and weights. First run without taking splits in a LONG time. This was the run where I totally soaked both feet. My Drymax Socks came though!



• Mon, 2/22: nothing.

• Tues, 2/23: 57x50 swim workout in the AM, nasty hills/stairs in the PM. Here was the post about the nasty swim workout, and here was the post about the stairs/hills. Hellava day!

• Wed, 2/24: nothing.

• Thurs, 2/25: “Strength” spinning class, and lots of core work.

• Fri, 2/26: 8 mile tempo/long run. FIRST RUN OF THE YEAR WITH NO JACKET!! (Only 1 layer needed on top.) It was 30 degrees and pretty calm - beautiful! Here’s a photo (from after the run) showing all I needed to wear:


Don’t mock me for having my Christmas lights still up...

I eased into the run, and picked it up as I went. Here are my mile splits: 7:00, 6:39, 6:36, 6:32, 6:34, 6:12, 6:07, and 6:15 (big uphill that last mile). Total time was 51:59, which was 6:30 / mile. Afterwards, I had a bit of a red chest, with a strange white spot right in the middle:



• Sat, 2/27 (today): nothing. My family came up to visit today to celebrate my birthday! (My b-day is 2 weeks away, but this weekend worked good for everyone to come visit.) We went out for Thai. Here’s Pharmie with our niece Aubree:


Bree doesn’t care for Thai food


Our table an hour later


With my Sis and Ian (that little ham) at Izzy’s Ice Cream Shop!
I’m enjoying a homemade ice cream sandwich! SO GOOD!

I’m planning a fun weekend of races on my birthday in 2 weeks. That’s right, I said “races!” It’ll be my first ever double race weekend!! Back with news on that soon...

8 comments:

Georgia Snail 8:24 PM, February 27, 2010  

Looks like Bree got a little yellow curry....

Christi 8:32 PM, February 27, 2010  

Adorable young ones! And that ice cream cookie sandwich looks awesome!

drdave 7:36 AM, February 28, 2010  

Looks like you had a great week of workouts. Nice to see the weather is starting to break. Been waiting patiently for it to come around here in Michigan also. First race of the season coming up soon, the Leprechaun loop on March 13th. Last year the weather was gorgeous. Hope we get lucky again.

X-Country2 11:08 AM, February 28, 2010  

You and your sister have the same smile. Cute kid, she's got too.

Anonymous,  11:50 AM, February 28, 2010  

What a great resource!

Kristi 12:32 PM, February 28, 2010  

Hey Steve! My husband and I are great fans of your blog. We read from Tucson, Arizona. This may seem a little strange, but we're wondering if you and Pharmie can give us some advice! My brother in law lives in Minneapolis and got married a few months ago. We still haven't given the happy couple a gift because we want to do something unique! Our favorite wedding gift was a night's stay here: http://www.theshadydell.com/index.html. It was awesome. We've searched online for something different like that within a few hours of Minneapolis with little luck. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be a hotel...it could be a restaurant or show of some sort. Can you help?

Skippy with the Fine Piece of Tail,  5:16 PM, February 28, 2010  

Man, everybody's pitching something on this site.

Meanwhile, you're the biggest commodifier of them all.

The Drymax Kid, that's you.

Good think you're so beautiful, since there's nothing worse than a TART who can't set her PRICE.

May you never lose your looks, Gorgeous.

P.S. Don't forget us squirrels, baby. Your FIRST LUV.

Regina 8:20 PM, February 28, 2010  

My son's birthday is in two weeks as well, the 16th. Pisces, good people!!! Happy early birthday.

Thai food, yum!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.