Ironman World Championship Coverage

>> Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's on NBC this weekend!! It's my chance to plop on the couch with a ton of crappy food and watch amazingly fit people for 1.5 hours. It's going to be aired this Saturday (Dec 19th) from 3:30 - 5:00 pm central time (or 4:30 - 6 eastern). I've invited everyone from the CVA Triathlon Club to come watch it, so hopefully I'll be watching with a small group. Anyone else want to come over?...

Here's a little teaser video to wet your tongue:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxvEoaJc-OM

If you haven't put your name in the hat for the 2 Sugoi Tri Suits and all the Gu goodies, make sure to scroll down to the post from 2 days ago and sign up!

And seriously, any locals want to come over and watch the IM coverage? I'll be on the couch with a few of my tri club students...

12 comments:

Ryan 6:09 AM, December 16, 2009  

Look for me during the coverage...I'm the big guy dressed in white screaming the F word in the energy lab.

What the F... am I doing here!!!!

I felt a little better 6 minutes later :-0

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 7:53 AM, December 16, 2009  

I'm coming over!!! No really...shoot me a line.

Anna Banana 8:11 AM, December 16, 2009  

I was wondering when that was going to be on! Thanks for the heads up!!!!

teacherwoman 8:28 AM, December 16, 2009  

I plan on watching this as well! :)

Coach Liz 8:54 AM, December 16, 2009  

Whoo Hoo!!! I would not miss this for anything.

Mark 9:08 AM, December 16, 2009  

I fall into the category of "sickos" who intermittently watched the entire race on my computer back in October.

Mike Russell 10:16 AM, December 16, 2009  

I was there on business and got the chance to watch the race. It was amazing to be there for the actual event, but I love the show they are able to put together. The human interest stories they find are inspiring.

Diana 1:30 PM, December 16, 2009  

I've been waiting for this for months to finally aire. I plan on a bag of cheetos for my afternoon!!

Steve Stenzel 1:56 PM, December 16, 2009  

Greenking17: I can't comment on your blog, so shoot me an e-mail. You can find it under "Contact Steve" at the top of my blog.

And Borsch, you should TOTALLY stop over! I sent the preview vid to my tri club students yesterday, and I pointed out Rudy in it at 0:59-1:00. So cool!

Regina 4:09 PM, December 16, 2009  

I'll be watching a sobbing as I always do when I watch in on Universal Sports (NBC).

tim 7:10 PM, December 16, 2009  

Why does it seem like most of the slow-mo "action" shots in the promo involve spraying or dousing yourself with water?

Shawn 4:11 PM, December 17, 2009  

You make me wish I had a TV! or at least knew someone well enough to go over and watch theirs.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.