14 Days of Nothing: Day 12: Finally, that MASSAGE!

>> Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Yesterday was day 12 of my “14 Days of Nothing” (my self-prescribed rest). And I finally got the massage I’ve been looking forward to for the last 11 days.

Mpls / St. Paul locals, listen up: if you need a place to go for a massage, I have a woman for you. Pharmie and I discovered her about a year ago. She’s not a “fru-fru, scented candles, tickle you until you fall asleep” sort of masseuse. She’s a “digger.” And she’s our favorite! She’s trained (or licensed, or certified, or something) in Shiatsu, but she mixes that with a form of Chinese Medical Massage called Tui Na. She digs with her forearms, elbows, and feet. Yes, feet. She worked out my hammys really well by standing on them and digging in with her feet. (I should note that most of the massage is “traditional” and done with her hands, but when she needs to, her other body parts are called into action.)

I asked her if I could post her info to the internet, and she thought that was great. She’s located near Central and Hennepin in the St. Anthony Main neighborhood of Mpls. Here’s her card. Give her a call or shoot her an e-mail if you’d like to schedule a massage:



Tell her Steve Stenzel sent you. She doesn't know me as "Steve in a Speedo," so you might get a strange look if you tell her someone in a Speedo sent you.... ;)

In other news, I’ve been doing pretty good at not doing anything over the last 2 weeks. I’ve been starting to get the itch to run and swim. And I NEARLY did some lunges and squats yesterday at the Y, but I held out. Here’s a recap of the last 12 days:

• Thurs, 11/26: Thanksgiving. Ran around with my cousins.
• Fri, 11/27: 20 minutes of core.
• Sat, 11/28: nothing
• Sun, 11/29: nothing
• Mon, 11/30: nothing
• Tues, 12/1: 16 minutes of core. Stretched and foam rolled legs.
• Wed, 12/2: Stretched and foam rolled whole body.
• Thurs, 12/3: 11 minutes of core.
• Fri, 12/4: 20 minutes of core. Taught a “CVA Tri Club” student a bunch of exercises at the Y.
• Sat, 12/5: nothing
• Sun, 12/6: nothing
• Mon, 12/7: 20 minutes of core. Then, that great massage!

p.s. Adrienne's massages are fully clothed. So I wore a t-shirt, pajama pants, and socks. Can you imagine if poor Adrienne had to see (not to mention TOUCH) my nasty, calloused, purple-toe-nailed feet? She'd probably throw me out! ;)

7 comments:

teacherwoman 7:51 AM, December 08, 2009  

Sounds like you had a great massage!:)

Georgia Snail 8:18 AM, December 08, 2009  

I am slightly saddened that your 14 days of nothing are almost to an end...

Gabriel Losa 8:44 AM, December 08, 2009  

La Mariposa means The Butterfly!
I imagine a gullible person asking for a massage (and expecting a fru-fru butterfly thing) and getting the digger program instead!
=P

Mike Russell 10:10 AM, December 08, 2009  

I can hear your first workout like it was a train coming down the tracks...it will be here real soon!

Keith 11:31 AM, December 08, 2009  

I am amazed and pleased by the amount of "nothing" that shows up in your summary. There are times when "nothing" is important. Now just remember that people can't go from "nothing" to "typical workout" all at once. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures.

Steve Stenzel 11:51 AM, December 08, 2009  

Thanks for the reminder, Keith. Yeah, I have to make it a POINT to ease back into it, because I'll WANT to go NUTS!! I'll start with a nice swim...

X-Country2 9:00 PM, December 08, 2009  

Dudes getting messages always sounds like a 'rub and tug' to me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.