14 Days of Nothing: Day 10: A Perfect “10”

>> Sunday, December 06, 2009

Yesterday was Day 10 in my “14 Days of Nothing.” And Pharmie and I enjoyed it! I ate a whole frozen pizza for lunch. And then we had Chipotle for supper! AND THEN Pharmie brought home Café Latte cheesecake!! (Café Latte is our BEST local dessert place.) What a day! ;)

The title of “A Perfect 10” refers to the great level of success I feel regarding what I just did to my foot. I’ve been treating a plantar wart on my left foot for about 2 weeks. This morning, all the skin around it was so dead that it was ready to “peel.” So I peeled it off sooo carefully. I got to the far side of the wart, and then it started peeling off again from that side! This is what just got peeled off my body:



Here’s what my foot looks like now:



Sweet! What a great start to my Sunday! ;)

The time to enter the giveaway to win a signed copy of "Trizophrenia" is over! There are 130 entrants. I’ll draw the 3 winners today, and I’ll post them tomorrow! Check back to see if you’ve won!

12 comments:

Meredith Brooks 10:45 AM, December 06, 2009  

If I didn't know any better, I would say those were two small potato chips...sick!

teacherwoman 12:34 PM, December 06, 2009  

gross. I am not surprised one bit to see something like this on your blog. Glad this starts your Sunday off great. I am just glad I stomached my oatmeal before opening your blog! :)

Jennifer 12:39 PM, December 06, 2009  

Dude - you've probably already heard all sorts of home remedies for the warts but one to try which actually is supported by science is duct tape. Serious. The reason warts are hard to get rid of is because they are so dry - if you can keep the tissue moist and warm - your body's immune system cells can get there and fight it off. Of course this means wearing duct tape over the affected area pretty much 24/7 but if anyone could do that.....yeah....it would be you. Conversely, you seem to be enjoying the current treatment so hey, there you have it. Happy Sunday.

Steve Stenzel 1:06 PM, December 06, 2009  

Jennifer, I WONDERED why Duct tape is supposed to work! That makes sense!

CoachLiz 3:22 PM, December 06, 2009  

Yummy! Wart Chips!!!

Another post to add to the long list of utterly awesome Foot post on your blog.

tri_al 4:52 PM, December 06, 2009  

omg why am i not surprised but that picture is DISGUSTING! lordy. lordy. and as much as i've just yelled with capitals, i'll also digress into letting you know i got rid of all my warts by strapping raw garlic to them before bedtime. it was super smelly but it worked a treat, within a couple of weeks they had all vanished :)

cody@codywestheimer.com 6:22 PM, December 06, 2009  

man...graphic pics! hope it....gets better! :)

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 8:53 PM, December 06, 2009  

so you are the only person that I can tell that I pick off a corn that happens between my left pinky toe and one next to it. I LOOOOOVVVEEE doing this. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Regina 10:56 PM, December 06, 2009  

Good God! As if I don't see enough of that at home with my husband. Blech!

sRod 12:30 PM, December 17, 2009  

Actually, better yet: is that making it into the notebook?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.