September: Oops.

>> Thursday, October 01, 2009


Swim: 6808 yards. OK.
Run: 73.22 miles. Good.

Ummm......

Bike: 24.85 miles. Uhhh... oops.

Yeah, 24.85 miles is the distance in an Olympic Distance Triathlon. So my only time on a bike last month was during a race. I’ll work on that a little more this month. Maybe. ;)

In taper news, things are shaping up OK for the Twin Cities 10 Mile this Sunday! I wanted to go for a bike ride yesterday, but I ran out of time. I wanted to go for an easy run this morning (with a few pick-ups), but it’s cold and rainy. If the rain lets up shortly, I might have time to fit in the run today. Otherwise, I’ll do that tomorrow. I’ve been stretching and/or foam rolling about every-other day, too.

It’s become clear that I overtrained for this race: I have all the “symptoms.” So I’m hoping a good taper will “freshen up” my legs without taking away too much confidence and endurance. Because of this, I have no idea what my finish time might be. If my legs rest up and I have a great race, I COULD go sub-61. If this rest doesn’t do too much for them, it’ll be hard to break 65. We’ll just have to see. Regardless, as soon as I’m done with the 10 mile, I’ll jump into the chicken outfit to cheer for the marathon runners coming by shortly!



10 comments:

Iron Girl Nyhus 9:54 AM, October 01, 2009  

The cow outfit should cheer at Madison sometime... perfect fit!

Anonymous,  3:04 PM, October 01, 2009  

It's the new feet you ordered from Beijing....

Nat 4:16 PM, October 01, 2009  

I agree with IGN! The animals need to come to Madison next year! I'll be out watching the ten miler and will be at mile 5 or so around St. Thomas. I'll look for you!

Regina 4:53 PM, October 01, 2009  

I love those costumes!! I don't think I know anyone who has more fun than you during your races, good for you! good luck on the race. As the expression goes, "rock the clock!"

sRod 5:09 PM, October 01, 2009  

you guys should hop in a van and doing a Marathon tour! I'd love to see reports fromt he farm animals as they cheer on fall Marathons across the country. It would be genius.

Unknown 9:28 PM, October 01, 2009  

Best of luck on Sunday! You'll do great. I think my September 'oops' came in the form of swimming, it's always the first thing to go in my training! Got to work on that....

Coach Liz 9:41 PM, October 01, 2009  

All the best for the run this weekend. Remember to relax and breathe. Allow your mind and body to have moments where they disconnect so that you get that feeling of auto pilot or like you are floating. Then, come back to the present and let the full impact of what you are doing settle in. Savor the moments of stark reality and the sharp pain of knowing that your body is the ultimate machine at work.

Please, I want lots of pictures of cock (and bovine and porcine) from this weekend!

Irish Cream 4:52 PM, October 02, 2009  

YES! The costumes are back! Best of luck this weekend, Steve!! You know you'll rock it out there--don't doubt yourself for a second! ;)

Jim Smith II 8:26 AM, October 03, 2009  

Best of luck in the run this weekend. I know you'll have a blast regardless of what your time is, so just remember that's most important!

kc 6:49 PM, October 03, 2009  

Best of luck on the 10-miler!!

I will be looking for that chicken suit - are you by the finish??

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.