Heading to Tonight’s “Splash and Dash”

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009

3 quick things, then I’m out the door:

1. I forgot to mention something about my 30 mile ride in my last post. As I was coming up Ramsey Hill for the second time (about 26 miles into the ride), an OLD “luxury” car passed me (I think it was an Audi). It sounded like it had a high-pitched go-kart engine in it that was working WAY too hard to get up that hill. And it was spewing blue smoke. STINKY blue smoke. **cough cough**

What’s with me and having to pass stinky vehicles heading up a nasty hill? Remember the tractor and baler I had to pass headed up the last hill in my time trial last week? God must hate me.

2. Yesterday late afternoon / evening I wasn’t feeling too hot. My tummy felt like a boo-boo. I took some Pepto Bismol and all was better. Today, it’s not quite normal again. Stuff is coming out of my butt. That’s right: “stuff.” I hope I’m fine for the “Splash and Dash” tonight. There’s a porta-potty on the run course about 100 feet after starting the run and about 100 feet before the finish. If it gets too tough for me, I know I can hop in the porta-potty before hitting the finish. As they say, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going.”

3. I just shaved my shoulders. It must be time to race!!!

Well, time for a sandwich or some oatmeal, then I'm off for Long Lake. Back tomorrow with a race report! Wish Pharmie and I luck!!

6 comments:

CoachLiz 4:31 PM, August 11, 2009  

Good Luck on the splash and dash to you and your lovely wife.

On comment #2...Steve, you are not getting any younger and there comes a point that you realize that your digestive track is not getting any younger either. Could it have been the entire frozen Tostinos Pizza, the huge microwave bean burrito, or dirty hands from someone who made your food at a restaurant? Go get yourself some probiotics or acidophilus to take with your meals to replace the good bacteria in your gut. Wash your hands frequently. Begin contemplating a cleaner brand of fuel to make your engine run. If you can, read The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan.

Remember, NO ANNAL LEAKAGE on the race course! :0)

Gabriel Losa 5:50 PM, August 11, 2009  

Good luck to both of you guys!!!

Jennifer 8:17 PM, August 11, 2009  

I bet God thinks you are hilarious and awesome Steve.

Julie @ ROJ Running 9:47 PM, August 11, 2009  

Good luck to you both. Sorry to hear about the "stuff" but better to plan what to do if it lasts than to deny it and have a whoops moment

X-Country2 10:42 PM, August 11, 2009  

Good luck. On all levels.

Unknown 8:35 AM, August 12, 2009  

So do you play "eye of the tiger" when you shave your shoulders?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.