Don’t Get Any Body Hair in the Pasta!

>> Saturday, July 25, 2009

Last night, Pharmie and I spent 2 hours making homemade pasta for the College of Visual Arts Triathlon Club. (Four students are coming over tonight for a “pasta feed” in preparation for their first sprint triathlon tomorrow!!)


Rolling out some dough


Kneaded dough (wrapped in plastic) on the left,
unkneaded on the right


Pharmie with a perfectly kneaded dough ball


The first batch of dough, ready to be cut


Drying rack 1


Drying racks 2 and 3


Ready for the fridge (for eating tonight)


Ready for the freezer (for eating later)

Then, as the title of this post implies, I went upstairs to remove a little excess body hair. Well, just my leg hair. I THOUGHT about leaving it just like this (kinda like a “racing stripe”):



But I kept going.


One leg done


Both legs done


Shaving

I learned a few things last night:

- My leg hair makes my legs look much tanner than they really are...
- ...therefore, my legs now look really pale.
- I have very unattractive legs.
- I’m not good at shaving behind my knees.

Now, I’m off to clean our bikes, get a haircut, and pick up the house a little. I’m meeting with Sarah, Hannah, Evan, and Trent (the CVA Tri Club members racing tomorrow) this afternoon, and we’ll go check out the race site and pick up our packets. Then, a pasta feed tonight. I’ll be back with photos from that later. Then, WE RACE TOMORROW!!

Tonight when we’re eating pasta, I’ll share all your great comments and words of wisdom from the previous post. Thank you all SOO MUCH for taking the time to leave such meaningful comments for my group of students! I KNOW they’ll really appreciate it! Some of your quotes and thoughts are perfect for them to be remembering! Thanks everyone!!

18 comments:

Missy 9:11 AM, July 25, 2009  

Best of luck to everyone! First time, oh, a tri virgin, how fun.

I still suck at shaving anywhere around the knees and I've been at it for years.

Unknown 9:33 AM, July 25, 2009  

The photos were really making me hungry...until the ones of you shaving. Now I've lost my appetite.

Jim Smith II 10:04 AM, July 25, 2009  

I agree with Chad! Mmmm... Pasta... Oooo... Leg hair!

Once again, best of luck to you and the whole CVA Tri Team! You guys will rock (and if you have any leftover pasta, feel free to send it my way ;-)

Regina 11:31 AM, July 25, 2009  

Ack! Sorry, gagging from the leg hair in the tub...

You and Pharmie are awesome to make that pasta from scratch!!! I am so impressed, I'm speechless (or maybe that's b/c of the leg hair).

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow!

Unknown 11:43 AM, July 25, 2009  

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Anonymous,  2:05 PM, July 25, 2009  

I think your legs are very nice, but I prefer them hairy. At least it'll grow back, even bushier than before. Right? I need SOMETHING to look forward to....

Stefanie 2:19 PM, July 25, 2009  

I tried Monkey for the first time today. And I love it. 26 miles biked this morning, off to run a half marathon tonight LOL

Trishie 3:26 PM, July 25, 2009  

You don't do anything halfway, do you steve ?? good luck to all the first time tri ers!

Maria 5:32 PM, July 25, 2009  

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, I can't wait to hear about the race. Dinner tonight looks delicious! Hopefully your legs will get some sun tomorrow.

t-odd 7:03 PM, July 25, 2009  

Do you and Pharmie have matching aprons or do you share one? Either way it's cute. Why do you insist on showing us your crazy leg shaving? That hair in the tub is gross. Tell those crazy kids to have fun tomorrow - that is by far the most important thing!

Lucinda 1:29 AM, July 26, 2009  

You have matching aprons :-)

Hope all goes well tomorrow, and they all have a blast!

Coach Liz 8:24 AM, July 26, 2009  

OMG you have a lot of leg hair! When was the last time you shaved??? Did you shave for NOLA 70.3???

Oh yeah, the pasta looks yummy!

Lindsay 8:31 AM, July 26, 2009  

hope everyone is out there kicking some tri-booty!

you didn't save some of the leg hairs for your scrap book, next to the page of dead skin?

Jen Feeny 4:44 PM, July 26, 2009  

Oh Steve... why was I not surprised that you would show us pics of you shaving??? LOL! Good luck to your Tri Team!!!

Mike 8:06 AM, July 27, 2009  

Wow! How can a post that starts out so beautiful end so questionably??? lol

Tri-Angle 9:16 AM, July 27, 2009  

I'm with Mike.
Couldn't you have at least turned that post into two?

The Boring Runner 5:12 PM, July 27, 2009  

Speechless. Not about the leg hair - that is just good hygiene - more about the pasta! You know there is an entire isle dedicated to that in the grocery store, right?

Joe V 7:26 PM, August 08, 2009  

Heh. Dude, I think you might actually have more leg hair than I do. Maybe. So, do throw the hair out or rinse it down the drain? If the latter, how many time have you had to dump a bottle of Drano down the drain? ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.