Excuses, Excuses

>> Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well, we’re getting ready to head out to the Gear West Duathlon this morning where Matt and I will be competing as Team Happy Pants. We are HOPING (repeat: HOPING) to take nearly 3 minutes off our time from last year, set a new team course record, and walk away with first place.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ll be giving 100%, but I just don’t know if we can do it.

Maybe it’s because Matt crashed his bike 3 days ago (see previous post).

Maybe it’s because I spent all week working on our porch remodel and now my hamstrings are screaming (mostly from ripping up the carpet on Thursday).

Maybe it’s because I’m not training for a marathon like I was last year at this time.

Or maybe I’m just dreading that course - it’s a super off-road cross country course, and it takes a LOT out of you.

Regardless, Matt and I are going to go bust our butts and see what we can do. Pharmie’s coming along to take photos, so I’ll be back with a story later today. Off to the races!!!

8 comments:

Shannon 6:36 AM, May 17, 2009  

Yo Busy Boy~you'll do great, as always!

Jess 8:02 AM, May 17, 2009  

Good luck to the both of you!

kate 8:20 AM, May 17, 2009  

Good luck! Hope you can have some fun and enjoy the race.

trimybest 10:05 AM, May 17, 2009  

good luck i bet you do it!

Missy 12:15 PM, May 17, 2009  

Best of luck!!! Can't wait to hear. I've cracked one helmet and roll my eyes whenever I see someone rolling without one. Never a good plan and I don't care if you're just going down the road.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.