Snot-riffic

>> Saturday, March 07, 2009

Yeah. That’s the way I feel right now. I’ve had a sore throat since Tues/Wed, which made it a little tricky to breathe during my swim on Thursday, and it all suddenly started getting worse tonight.

Now, I feel the way that this kid looks:



The bad news is that I have an indoor triathlon tomorrow, and swimming while sick really sucks! You feel like you can never get enough air! The good news is that my wife is a Pharmacist, and she knows exactly what to give me to make me better without hurting my performance. (And in case you didn’t know, that’s why she goes by “Pharmie” in the blogging world!)

I just hope I can get a good night’s sleep tonight! Wish me (and the 5 triathlon virgins racing with me tomorrow) luck!!! Back with photos Sunday afternoon.

* * * * * * *

AND DON’T FORGET: You still have about 4 days to enter the “Tales of a Virgin Athlete” contest and take your shot at winning 24 pairs of sweet Drymax socks (or 12 for second place, or 6 for third place) and an entry to a great local Charities Challenge race! So get me your short story and photo soon!! Click here for entry guidelines.





11 comments:

Dori 9:18 PM, March 07, 2009  

Ewww! I'm glad I saw that picture after dinner and not before.

Good luck with your tri. Maybe you should skip it and focus on getting better.

Dori 9:18 PM, March 07, 2009  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon 8:26 AM, March 08, 2009  

That picture was worse than your feet pictures!

Good luck!

sRod 9:06 AM, March 08, 2009  

That picture is gross. I mean really gross. How does all that snot fit inside that child's head?

Diana 9:44 AM, March 08, 2009  

I love the pic, but being a respiratory therapist helps!
Good luck on the tri!

Anonymous,  10:23 AM, March 08, 2009  

wow, I'm almost spit out my coffee this morning!!!...Hope you feel better.

Bootchez 11:57 AM, March 08, 2009  

Oooh, absolutely *lovely* photo, dear o dear. Good luck with your tri, I imagine you will ROCK it despite the bad timing of this illness . . . and better living through chemistry!

RBR 1:45 PM, March 08, 2009  

Nice. You have outdone yourself.

I hope you are feeling better! I had that crud all week, but I didn't feel really bad until this weekend. Get some rest. It tends to hang on.

I hope you rocked your tri!

Oh, who am I kidding? I KNOW you rocked your tri.

chia 2:57 PM, March 08, 2009  

Ewww hope everything went alright :-) Three cheers for Pharmie!

akshaye 3:15 PM, March 08, 2009  

Jeez.. where on earth did you find that picture.

Amy Jurrens 4:49 PM, March 08, 2009  

Thanks Steve. Now I know where I got my cold from. I caught it from your blog! It's a cybercold. I've heard of viruses spreading via the internet, but this is ridiculous! ;-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.