The Steve That My Cats Love Is Back

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So, if you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know how my cats tend to lick me when I’m sweaty. If you haven’t read the post that I dedicated to Bubba a few months back, please, check it out. It may shock you a little. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.

I was hairless for a while, and my cats didn’t know what to think. My last full body shave was the day before IM WI, which was Sept 8th of this year. That was three months ago. The cats didn’t lick me NEARLY as much when I was hairless. But 2 days ago, the magic was back:



I had just finished a workout at the Y. Kermit couldn’t resist. Our eyes met from across the room. She could smell my salty sweat. I could smell the tuna on her breath. We embraced. The rest...well, the rest is spelled out in that photo above.

Something else spelled out in that photo is how hairy I’ve gotten in the past 3 months. Here’s some cat lick marks from just before IM, back in early Sept:



Much hairier now. (much to Phamie’s chagrin.)

Then, last night, I found a big pile of fur in the basement. I thought Kermit barfed up my chest hair. Then I rolled it over and found it to be bloody. And it contained a tiny foot. One of our harmless, clawless house cats caught a mouse, ate it, and barfed it up. Since I have a strict policy to not post anything gross on my blog (HA!), click here if you want to see the hairy barf I found in the basement.

And again, you have under a week for vote for Steve In A Speedo as the “Best Endurance Sport Blog of 2007.” Click here to vote. Thanks!

13 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland 8:40 AM, December 11, 2007  

I knew that clicking the cat yack link was a bad idea, but did I do it anyway? Uh, yeah and I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

And I used to have a summer job involving feeding large dead rats to big old raptors (the bird kind, not the dinosaur kind), so I thought rodent guts wouldn't faze me...

Audrey 9:49 AM, December 11, 2007  

i just clicked on your blog in class and minimized the browser before-hopefully-my classmates saw. i should know better...

21stCenturyMom 10:02 AM, December 11, 2007  

Judging from the photos the cats also prefer you hairless. That would be at least 3 votes for Totally Hairless Steve (2 cats + 1 wife). Just sayin'

Tri+Umph 12:22 PM, December 11, 2007  

It does look like your cats gave you far more lovin' when you were hairless.

Kim 2:42 PM, December 11, 2007  

i am NOT clicking on that mouse picture, i'm NOT going to do it! i can stay strong!

dude, youre killing the blogging competition by the way!!!

CoachLiz 5:08 PM, December 11, 2007  

Are you sure that was a mouse and not a bird? I guess you had a better look at it than I did.

Unknown 7:34 PM, December 11, 2007  

Quite the entertaining blog you got here. I must admit that I am a long time Running and Rambling reader and voted for Donald. Sorry!

And Yes, coffee and conversation is the most enjoyable part of any run.

Kate 10:16 PM, December 11, 2007  

Steve, my friend...

I think I am with Pharmie and 21stcenturymom when I say. The full body shave is the way to go.

My husband shaves year around (is that too much info?) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The only down side is that I really have to keep up on the leg shaving because it is embarassing to have your legs be hairier than your husbands!

Spokane Al 10:58 PM, December 11, 2007  

Like others, I did not want to click and look, planned not to click and look, knew, just knew that I should avoid clicking and looking.

I clicked and looked. I should have known.

Rainmaker 11:55 PM, December 11, 2007  

I nearly committed the same foul as audry - but luckily I thunk just one second more. Sitting on the plane tonight reading through blog feeds and saw yours - almost clicked - and then realized: "What would grandma in the row behind me think, and the 15 y.o. girl sitting in the seat next to me think if something whacky were on Steve's blog".

Yes, disaster avoided...for today.

RunBubbaRun 5:44 AM, December 12, 2007  

I think I'm feeling sick again, I thought the cat nightmare was over..

Your such a pal to bring it up again..

Can I take my vote back :O..

Mouse chum, nice...

ShirleyPerly 5:50 PM, December 13, 2007  

OK, that was cruel. You knew I could not resist. You knew ... and still you did, I mean, I did. Crap.

monica 12:46 PM, December 14, 2007  

can i borrow your cat?? seriously, i have a mouse problem and my dogs could care less..

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.