Physical Therapy And Dream Analysis

>> Friday, February 09, 2007

I had another PT appointment this afternoon. Now we have a new theory. Our first theory was IT Band issues (tendonitis or what-not). Along with that theory was the idea that my knee wasn’t strong enough, and that’s why there was too much work being done by my IT Band to stabilize my knee. Then our theory was that my fibula was moving incorrectly over the top of my tibia. Our new theory is that my pelvis is a little crooked. I didn’t need my physical therapist to tell me that - I think I’ve heard that from an ex-girlfriend before...

So she grabbed a towel, tied it around my ankle, and tugged and tugged and tugged. Then she prodded around on either side of my pelvis and all around my ass. She asked if anything hurt, but I was just trying not to giggle. I’m ticklish.

She also gave me the OK to try running again. I can run through a little pain, but I’ll stop if it starts getting horribly worse. So tomorrow, I hope to try running 1.5 miles on a dreadmill. And she thinks that the indoor triathlon that I’m signed up for in 2 weeks is still plausible.


Oh, one last thing. I had a dream that I think predicts the future. Right before I woke up, I was dreaming that I was a vampire. “Vampire Steve” was masturbating on someone’s kitchen table. When I was done, I was compelled to clean up, otherwise the “residue” could turn someone else into in a vampire. True story. I can’t make this stuff up.

I think the fact that I’m a vampire means “September.” And masturbation means “finish.” And the table symbolizes “Ironman.” And finally, the idea that I was cleaning up after myself means “14 hours.”

So, if I’m interpreting this correctly, the dream I had last night signifies that I’ll be finishing Ironman in September in 14 hours. I don’t know much about dream analysis, but this just makes sense.

But maybe I’m wrong.

Theories anyone?

14 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) 11:13 AM, February 10, 2007  

OMIGOSH - that is quite a dream. In my analysis it means that someone doesn't think you are doing your part when it comes to housekeeping and even though you said you'd clean the kitchen you didn't, and now your wife's about to find out and have to do it herself. Now it's going to just be her job.
The masturbating angle is just that boys are always horny and jacking off. They can't help it. At least that's what my huband tells me. Horny, horny, horny. All. The. Time.
And one last thing, about your IM, you're going under 13. That's my prediction.
Stay warm. Brrrrr.

Wedgie 6:22 PM, February 10, 2007  

Maybe we don't have so much in common after all... In my dreams, I'm a Werewolf masturbating on a kitchen table. Being a Vampire is just wierd.

John 2:40 PM, February 11, 2007  

I hope you had a pain free run!

Vampire Steve, I think your dream interpretation was right on. After all Triathlon is an individual sport as is the sport of masturbation, both require inspiration and sometimes the support of others to help get you to the “finish”

Steve Stenzel 3:38 PM, February 11, 2007  

Tri-John, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the comment!

Julia 5:48 AM, February 12, 2007  

I'll go with the crooked pelvis theory, it happens quite often.

No comment on the dream.

RunBubbaRun 9:01 AM, February 12, 2007  

Maybe it was the feeling of geing tugged around in therapy that gave you that dream. But if it gets you home to the IM finish. I say "masturbate" away. I think we all need to be "master of our own domain".

Joy | Love | Chaos 10:40 AM, February 12, 2007  

Ew.

Wow, that's all I can eak out....

Ew.

Thanks for the visual...I think I'm going to go barf up breakfast...

;)

xt4 12:06 PM, February 12, 2007  

Imagine if you'd have been masturbating in the living room instead of the kitchen! Then the dream would have just been silly!

Allez 5:47 PM, February 12, 2007  

I think Lance has dreams like that all the time. Minus the vampire part. And looking for meaning. Whoops, was I not supposed to tell anyone, Lance? :-)

TriShannon 7:11 PM, February 12, 2007  

Hopefully you are free of pain soon.

As for the dream - absolutely no comment!

Kate 1:36 AM, February 13, 2007  

Nooo comment- but I'm glad to see weirdo, gross-out Steve replacing that boring Serious Steve from last week

(j/k- seriously hoping the knee/ITB/whatever problems get sorted out soon)

Isn't it funny how these comments show the different reactions of different genders? (well, apart from Allez...)

Lance Notstrong 9:49 AM, February 13, 2007  

You're wrong Allez. In my dreams, I'm dressed like The Beast Master and YOU are the table LOL!!!

Steve Stenzel 10:53 AM, February 13, 2007  

Wow, great comments!

Lance, I think you've taken this to a whole new level...

I'm a little scared...

Lance Notstrong 2:36 PM, February 13, 2007  

I generally like to push the limits somewhere beyond "bad taste" but just this side of "you're going to hell" :-)

Signed,
Lance "The Beast Master" Notstrong

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.