>> Wednesday, June 21, 2006
I did my first open water swim of the summer tonight. Sarah and I went to Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis. Here’s what I learned:
• It’s hard to go straight when there is no line under you to follow, therefore...
• I tend to SEVERLEY veer left.
• Bullheads that are barely alive float awkwardly near the surface and are as scary as hell.
• Tying my car key to the inside waistband in my suit works well, except for the strange looking lump it forms.
• When the sun is at the right angle, you can almost see through my suit.
• I’m f*cking slow.